Idaho is amazing! I wouldn't want to live anywhere else. Did you know?
1. The state of Idaho was named after the Indian word 'ídaahę́' (meaning "the Land of many Waters").
2. Idaho is called the "Gem State", because nearly every known type of gemstone has been found in the state of Idaho. More than 72 different precious and semi-precious gemstones are mined from Idaho.
3. Idaho is one of only two places in the world where star garnets can be found in any significant quantities (India is the other).
4. Idaho's Capitol Building is the only one in the United States heated by geothermal water. The hot water is tapped and pumped from a source 3,000 feet underground.
5. Idaho is famous for potatoes, producing about one-third of the potatoes grown in the United States. The first potato in America was planted in New Hampshire, in 1719. Henry Harmon Spalding brought the potato to Lapwai, Idaho, in 1836, to help the Nez Perce tribe grow their own food.
6. At 7,993 feet deep, Hells Canyon in western Idaho is the deepest river gorge in North America. (Grand Canyon of Arizona is only about 6,000 feet deep).
7. Idaho's state seal is the only one in the U.S. designed by a woman. In 1890, Emma Edwards Green submitted the design for the State Seal competition sponsored by the First Legislature for the State of Idaho. On May 5, 1891, Edwards was awarded $100 by Governor N. B. Willey for her design of the state Great Seal, which depicts a miner, a woman and various natural resources of Idaho. Bron in in Stockton, California, Emma Edwards Green was the daughter of former Missouri Governor John Cummins Edwards.
8. SodaSprings, Idaho is home to the 'Soda Springs Geyser', the only captive geyser in the United States. On November 30, 1937, a well drilling operation while attempting to build a natural hot springs swimming pool was unintentionally released Soda Springs’s famous captive geyser, which surprised everyone by shooting 100 feet into the air. It has been capped and a timer activates it once every hour. The water it shoors up is about 72 degrees Fahrenheit.
8. Sacagawea, the Shoshone woman who accompanied the Lewis and Clark Expedition as an interpreter and guide during their exploration of the Western United States, was born near present-day Salmon, Idaho.
Author:Errin C. Brown Phone: 208-869-8030 Dated: April 27th 2016 Views: 473 About Errin C.: Errin C. Brown is an Associate at National Broker Connect. She is a Treasure Valley native and licen...
View our latest blog posts in your RSS reader. Click here to access.
Locally marketing includes but are not limited to: staging, visually stunning photography, virtual tours coupled with a custom tailored written description to attract a targeted demographic that has a national reach! Nationally we connect consumers to agents and Brokers who share in the same high level of customer service that we do here at National Broker Connect Real Estate.
Top 5 Benefits of Hiring a Real Estate Agent The National As
“Errin has helped us with several of our investment properties. She is very knowledgeable in business and real estate. She knows a wide variety of people and she is exceptional at networking. We suggest using Errin as your real estate agent, she is honest and goes the extra mile.”
Sharon & John
“I was very impressed with Errin’s listing presentation, she provided me with an enormous amount of information. She became the resource that fulfilled my expectations. Errin listed and sold my home faster than I expected the home to sell. Also, Errin was very diligent and informative during the process. Selling a home can be stressful, however Errin was very positive, put me at ease and made feel comfortable with the process. I highly recommend her, she is energetic and will get the job done.”
“Errin’s passion for people is rare, and her authentic nature is intoxicating. I loved her ability to connect with clients while working at Idaho Media Publishing as an advertising account executive.”
“Errin is a person of integrity and passion in all areas of her life. She is tenacious and honest. I am confident that she will succeed in anything she focuses on.”
“Errin Brown is a gifted, dedicated, and smart realtor. She will listen to you and she will work diligently to get you what you want and need. She always has clients best interest at heart. You can't find a better realtor. I highly recommend her!!!”
“Since I've known Errin, I've learned how much of a good person she is, all the way around. She is a very hard worker, always thinking around the next corner, which is hugely important in a real estate agent. Plus, she's someone you can trust. If you're looking to buy or sell a home, I would highly recommend giving her a call.”